Dr. Govind Singh Bisht, Sr. Consultant, Podiatry, AktivOrtho™
Dr. Govind Singh Bisht, MBBS, CPP (Fellowship in Podiatry, BIDMC, Boston, USA), is a renowned podiatrist and foot specialist who started his medical profession in 1992 and focused his practice on podiatry in 2001.
He is a visiting consultant at AktivOrtho™ in both the Vasant Vihar and Gurgaon centres. Dr. Bisht is also the clinical director and regional clinical advisor (Asia Pacific), ‘Fit Feet Program’ of Special Olympics International.
He completed his MBBS (1986-1992) from S.N. Medical College, Agra University (U.P, India) and Fellowship in Podiatry (in 2001, under Dr. John Guirini, DPM) from BIDMC, Harvard (Boston). Dr. Bisht is known to provide the highest standard of podiatry care and AktivOrtho™ is pleased to have him on board.
- Examined and treated more than 15,000 diabetic patients for different foot related problems.
- Treated successfully more than 2500 ‘Diabetic Foot’ patients with limb-threatening and life-threatening conditions.
- Actively involved in spreading awareness about foot care among medical professionals and patients via print media, lectures, radio and T.V. programs.
- Designated as Clinical Director “Fit Feet Program” in India by Special Olympics International after Train the Trainer Program in Shanghai, China from 28th September to 5th October 2007 during Special Olympics World Summer Games, Under Dr. Pat Nunan, DPM, ex-President of American Association Podiatry Sports Medicine
- Conducted ‘Fit Feet’ screening as Clinical Director ‘Fit Feet for Special Olympics International on 7th-9th May 2010 in Guwahati Assam where screened 250 special children with special needs in a state level event.
- Conducted ‘Fit Feet’ screening as Clinical Director ‘Fit Feet Program’ Special Olympics International in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan on 3rd August 2009 for a district level event where 150 Special Children were screened.
- Conducted ‘Fit Feet Program’ in Surat, Gujarat from 25th -27th December 2008, for Special Olympics State level event where nearly 800 children with special needs were screened for their foot related problems
- Was part of organizing committee as treasurer for Diabetic Foot Society of India (DFSI) 8th Annual Conference in New Delhi from 27th -29th November 2009
- Conducted 2-day Diabetic Foot Management Workshop as Organizing Secretary at Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research in collaboration with Glasgow Caledonian University on 8th-9th November 2010
- Conducted pre-departure medical check-up for Indian delegation for Special Olympics World Summer Games Athens 2011.
- Participated as international volunteer in Special Olympics World Summer Games Athens 2011, Greece and screened 4000 athletes from more than 160 countries.
- Trained as regional clinical advisor (RCA) “Fit Feet” Asia Pacific by special Olympics International in Washington DC.